Thursday, November 12, 2009

What can I feed my American Pitcher Plants?

I know I can feed them live insects like crickets, pill bugs, and ants. What freeze dried and frozen fish foods can I feed them?

What can I feed my American Pitcher Plants?
Are they in a terrarium? If not are they inside or outside?


If they are outside then you don't have to feed them anything because they are perfectly capable of attracting insects on their own. If they are not in a terrarium, but are inside then you can catch flies, fruit flies, spiders, worms, insect larva, or give them pieces of cricket. Just keep in mind that you only need to feed them once a week. If you have them in a terrarium then you can catch flies being careful not to injure them and let them loose inside the terrarium and the Pitcher Plant will do the attracting or you can hand feed them insects. What ever you do, don't feed you carnivorous plant any meat products because although they are called carnivorous, they are really insectivorous.





Here is a site that you will love. It is a free expert village video and gives you in depth detail on how to care for carnivorous plants. This one is all about the North American Pitcher plant. It also includes a whole section on feeding. Enjoy.


http://www.expertvillage.com/videos/pitc...


No comments:

Post a Comment