Thursday, November 12, 2009

Terrarium help, what plants, what light, etc. Please help me with my new terrarium.?

I have an empty Mini-bow 2.5 gallon aquarium, it measures approx. 11.5 inches wide, 10.5 inches tall and 5.5 inches deep with a bowed front. What kind of plants can I put in it and how do I take care of it. I tried a micro terrarium in a 1.4 gallon glass fish bowl, but my cat knocked it off the table and broke it. I was thinking of venus Fly traps, which I can get at a few stores around my area, what else could I put in it with the fly traps? I know like, Pitcher Plants and stuff, but does anyone know of other plants? Also, would a regular flourescent light bulb be good or do I have to get a plant one because it will be hard to find a plant bulb to fit this tank but I found a "Sunlight" bulb that fits perfectly. It grows aquarium plants well, but what about terrestrial plants? If anyone has a terrarium made from a Mini-bow 2.5 could you send me a link to pictures of it or describe it to me? Thanks a lot.

Terrarium help, what plants, what light, etc. Please help me with my new terrarium.?
This may not provide all you are looking for, but I am starting one myself and found some very useful information, including plants, here: http://www.thegardenhelper.com/terrarium...
Reply:mosses and ferns. no light needed

Brushing Teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment